Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Reflecting

Lately I have been in heavy thought that I am middle aged. I have 4 kids and my oldest son is about to receive the Priesthood and in 6th grade. I remember when I was in 6th grade and it doesn't feel that long ago, to me! I'm not as thin as I us to be, I am starting to get wrinkles around the eyes and I have age or sun spots on my face. I have been having a want or a feeling to go back to a younger more carefree life when things were more about me, instead of always about everyone else. I wonder if this is my mid-life crisis! Don't get me wrong I am very happy and blessed I just wish I was young again for a while. That my body could go back to what it looked like before 4 children and a couple surgeries, with out a lot of hard work on my part! I us to be able to eat what ever I wanted and not gain any weight. I us to be firm everywhere instead of saggy. At this point in my life I don't want to work my butt off to have the body I want. Why can't I have a magical wand. I have been thinking about my youth and all my childhood friends and greatly having a desire to be in contact with people I haven't seen in years. How does time fly by so fast sometimes?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you and I have the same thoughts flying through our heads. Hey, if you find the wand can I borrow it, and if I find it I will let you borrow it.